Every person feels lost sometimes. This is due to the fact that during this period there is a collision with certain problems and difficulties, the solution to which seems impossible for many reasons.
Besides anxious thoughts, a person finds themselves in a state of apathy, that is, a complete lack of hope. In such moments, it’s hard to remain optimistic and focus on good things, but it should be remembered that a positive mood affects both the mental and physical state of a person. Moreover, our mood determines our future productivity.
Let’s find out how to keep a positive attitude in a difficult period and not to go headlong into problems.
What Is Positive Psychology
According to the research, a positive attitude contributes to the development of resilience and perseverance. This is what helps us overcome difficulties and fight problems with ease without turning it into an uphill battle.
Positive psychology follows the idea that a person is only happy when they feel that their life is going according to their chosen standards. This can be compared to feeling satisfied with one’s life.
This branch of psychology is a growing field of psychology and is entirely based on the research of psychologists. It offers strategies for recovery from mental illness and its main goal is to help people thrive and improve their lives by increasing positive emotions such as happiness, joy, contentment, gratitude, optimism, wisdom, love, and peace of mind.
However, when a person faces problems, the feelings listed above leave them and they get lost in the situation, forgetting to maintain a positive mindset. Researchers have identified several strategies for enhancing feelings of happiness that can help to always keep a positive attitude, no matter what challenges one may face.
For example, the researchers advise focusing on solving the problem rather than mentally digging into it further, doing nothing; taking time to surround yourself with pleasant things and build quality relationships with supportive people; remembering to practice gratitude and keep a journal with notes that would give positive emotions at the end of the day; remembering to enjoy other people’s victories and good news from others; not criticizing yourself and treating yourself and your life with kindness and respect; remembering to stay compassionate; and remembering to keep a positive mindset.
How to Keep a Positive Attitude
Depression is a disorder that seriously affects a person’s quality of life. Another fact of real concern is that many people don’t seek help because of the stigma associated with mental illness. This behavior can lead to worsening health conditions and reduced quality of life. Therefore, it’s important to raise awareness about depression and other mental disorders, and to encourage people to seek help if they experience such symptoms. There are currently many organizations that provide assistance to people with depression and other mental disorders.
Speaking about strategies to increase happiness, we cannot forget about basic rules and things that can also help maintain optimism and healthy relationships with the world around us.
- Physical activity. Regular exercise and workouts promote the production of endorphins in the body, which improve your mood and help you feel positive.
- Having a positive conversation with yourself. Continuing the conversation about self-criticism, it’s important to not just be kinder to yourself, but to practice positive self-talk by celebrating your own accomplishments and praising yourself.
- Hobbies. It’s not just sports that can increase endorphins in your body, but doing something you love that is sure to lift your mood and give you a sense of accomplishment. This can be anything from hiking to playing at news.22bet.com or watching movies.
- Quality sleep. Getting enough sleep is essential for physical health and then mental health, as lack of sleep can lead to increased stress, anxiety and bad moods.
- Positive thoughts. The power of thoughts and their materiality has become a basic rule for maintaining a positive mindset that requires no proof. 90% of the time, the outcome of events depends on how you think and perceive the world around you.
- Helping others. By becoming compassionate and empathetic towards others, we can also help those around us. Spending a little time, resources, or money to help others increases our own happiness, because the gratitude of others gives us joy and pride in ourselves.
- Focus on virtues and strengths. We often criticize ourselves and focus on our weaknesses without noticing how much we have already done and what we have already achieved in all this time. It’s important to recognize your strengths and pay enough attention to your achievements without devaluing them.
Why It’s Important to Keep a Positive Attitude
The topic of positive attitude and thinking has become hot for a reason, as we are increasingly facing not only bad moods and feelings of apathy but also more serious psychological problems. The importance of maintaining a positive attitude is to prevent the onset of symptoms of depression and anxiety disorder.
Staying positive reduces stress levels, lowers blood pressure and strengthens the immune system, resulting in better overall physical health. It’s important not only to avoid apathy and remain productive but also to increase productivity to achieve high goals and improve the quality of life. Moreover, a positive attitude helps to increase motivation, focus on existing goals and set new ones. This, in turn, affects our success in both our personal and professional lives.
Being purposeful and achieving goals, of course, gives a sense of confidence and satisfaction with one’s life, giving it more meaning.
Thus, a positive attitude can have many benefits for our mental and physical health, our relationship with ourselves and the world around us, and finally, our overall well-being. Given our current pace and rhythm of life, it’s crucial to keep our mental health in mind and always follow rules to help maintain this mindset during difficult times, as it’s easy to get bogged down in problems and lose faith in a bright future. Positive psychology and strategies formed by psychologists and researchers will help you learn how to return to a state of calm and overcome any difficulties.